Arcadian Functor

occasional meanderings in physics' brave new world

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Zealand

Marni D. Sheppeard

Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Now Official

Update Tuesday: My sincerest apologies to Sean and friends at Cosmic Variance, who appear to have reinstated my posting rights (for now at least).

Update Sunday: Sigh. Didn't last long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Cosmic Variance today Sean asks the reader how they might better moderate the comment section on their blog. Of course, banning crackpots would do the trick. And on CV they seem to know exactly who the crackpots are, those CV guys being so much smarter than everybody else. Sean has failed to acknowledge in the post that they have already banned a number of crackpots. And lest there be any doubt that yours truly qualifies, I did the Brutally Honest Personality Test (courtesy of Chad Orzel), so I'm officially a Crackpot (INTJ) personality. On the age-gender balanced score for extroversion I actually managed 0%. You might as well shoot me now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I skated by as an INTP, that is, I'm more of a loser than a crackpot. (Whew)

December 11, 2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hah, Carl! That's so funny. So the only difference between Crackpots and Losers is the Judgemental factor.

December 11, 2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 10 06

Well Kea and Carlb:
I was an INFJ, which is a freak! See below. hehehehehehehe

Freak- INFJ
46% Extraversion, 86% Intuition, 33% Thinking, 53% Judging
Well, well, well. How did someone like you end up with the least common personality type of them all? In a group of 100 Americans, only 0.5 others would be just like you. You really are one of a kind... In fact, I do believe that that's one of the definitions for the word "FREAK."
Freak's not such a bad word to describe you actually.

You are deep, complex, secretive and extremely difficult to understand. If that doesn't scream "Freak!" I don't know what does. No-one actually knows the REAL you, do they?

You probably have deep interests in creative expression as well as issues of spirituality and human development.

You've probably even been called a "psychic" before, because of your uncanny knack to understand and "read" people without quite knowing how you do it. Don't fret. You're not actually psychic. That would make you special and you'll never accomplish that.

You're also quite possible the most emotional of them all, so don't take this all too hard. Nevertheless you most definitely have the strangest personality type and that's not necessarily a good thing.

*****************

If you want to learn more about your personality type in a slightly less negative way, check out this.


Well Kea, I don't think you should care what people at CV think about your ideas. Ultimately your work will speak for itself. I really appreciate the lessons in M-theory and have learned a bit!So just continue to do what you do and enjoy life;)

December 11, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Thanks, Mahndisa. Of course one should never base decisions on what other people think! This was just a pathetic INTJ attempt at humour.

December 11, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

HI Kea, Carl, Mahndisa. I just took the test and got ENTJ, leader type, not afraid of what others think.

December 11, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

Good one, Louise. We're not surprised!

December 11, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

INFP is what I got.

40% Extraversion, 73% Intuition, 33% Thinking, 26% Judging

but usually I'm INFJ on those things.

Sometimes I read CV but not usually because it's pretty boring, *especially* the comments section. ;-)

December 12, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Kea said...

Hi Rae Ann. So it seems the Intuition is the one thing all of us nerds have in common. I know these tests go back to Jung, or some other misogynist pig, but I've never actually (knowingly) done one before myself.

December 12, 2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home